I'm not going to let the incredibly stressful commute drive me to stress eat tonight. It's just not going to happen. I've been working so hard and I've been so focused. This will not ruin my good streak. It won't.
So yeah...it was a good day until about 2 hours ago. I don't think I mentioned food much yesterday or the day before, but I've been eating quite well. I also hit the gym for the past two days. Tonight is my rest night, because I have bootcamp for the next two days. I feel like working out, but I've learned from experience that 5 days in a row at that level is just way too tiring for me. Better to rest my aching muscles.
I found this podcast for running mixes. I used the 170 bpm one for my run yesterday, and it kept me focused...or distracted...depending how you look at it.
Now...I have a couple of questions for you today:
What has FAT done for you? I mean, where do you think you'd be without FAT?
As for me...most of you know I lost the majority of my weight before joining FAT, but...I think that I'd probably be 10 pounds heavier. I don't think that I'd have gone back to the gym yet, so my shape would be much different. I wouldn't be in great cardio shape. Even if I had gone back to the gym, I don't think I would have ever tested out my running abilities.
Next...calling all FAT in Michigan:
I think it would be a great experience for all of us to get together for a 5k. Rob, I think you do these the most. Maybe we could just join you on your next one - or the one after if it's too soon. I know we keep kinda of mentioning it, but I think it's time to really do it. There are at least 4 or 5 of us here, right? Who's in?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Kristen, I really think blogging with you and all the others has really strengthened my resolve to get healthy. When I'm struggling I think of everyone here and how far everyone has come, and how hard we work for what we get and I hang in there. Thanks for leading me here.
I cant thank you enough Kristen for sharing FAT with me. As you know I gained and lost the same 15 pounds all year, until I joined FAT. The support and knowledge of everyone has really helped me get pass my yo yoing, and onto a healthier me. Im excited for the next couple of months to unfold!
Im in for a 5K. I may have to walk/jog the first one but Im in :)
I've lost weight before, but nobody has ever held me accountable for my results like FAT has. It's really great to see that everybody struggles with the same issues I do, and they manage to overcome them.
I don't think I'd be where I am right now without everyone here.
Ok, totally homesick for Michigan right about now. I so wish I could do a race with you guys!!!
Anyway, FAT has subtly helped me, if that makes sense. There's not one defining thing about it that I can point and say "That's what helped me." It's more of the FAT essence that's kept me going. There's obviously the accountability factor. There's official and unofficial competition (Kristen ran four miles? Well, I'm going to run five!) :). And there's a small part that likes to think that I might be inspiring others. If I fall off the wagon, how many people will follow? Stuff like that. So yeah, FAT has had a huge impact on my weight loss. :)
Beck, you're more than welcome to come home for our 5k :)
You and your fam can stay with me if you do. come on...
FAT has done allot for me. Kept me accountable, motivated me with others success, and mostly kept fitness/health at the forefront of my mind. wish I lived in the area so I could do a 5k with the rest of you. Maybe someday I will make a FAT pilgrimage to meet some of you, that would be way cool. FAT rules!
Bluntly, FAT has saved my life. If I hadn't found Kevin and Beck's blogs and decided to jump on, I would probably be over 400 pounds right now. I was a train headed towards a huge brick wall called 'heart attack'.
This blogring will be something that, when I'm 70 years old, I'll still remember - I can't imagine life without it.
As for the race, there's a few coming up off of the top of my head. One's a bit early to organize - the Detroit Free Press Marathon is this Sunday and they have a "Fun Run" - but also, the most important one (for me personally) is the Turkey Trot - which is Thanksgiving Day, early morning before the parade. If we want to organize something to all meet there, that would be awesome.
Kristen - you and I must share a freeway for the drive home. That was a nightmare of epic proportions.
As for FAT - I may not have even started trying to lose weight if not for finding Kevin's blog, and then others that linked from there. If I can do half as well as all of you have done, then I will have done better than ever. :)
Thanks, Rob. This Sunday is just too soon. Thanksgiving morning might be difficult to pull off for me (someone's gotta cook). What about the next one? Sorry to be difficult on this :)
As for all the other comments...thanks. I know we all have our own levels of motivation here, but I was just curious how much of a role FAT played in your success. I know that some of you would probably be doing pretty much exactly what you're doing now regardless.
Nice thought provoking blog Kristen. Hope your commute gets easier.
I was already losing weight before I came across this group and I had a very good accountability partner as well.
However, associating with this group has given me more insight and others in my corner along this journey. Ive learned from each of you and for that, Im grateful.
Thanks everyone for the support and the experience!
Post a Comment