Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pool Workout

First, let me start out by saying that I had another good eating day. Woohoo!

We did bootcamp in the pool tonight. I must say that it was an interesting workout. It was a lot of "running" and we had these "weights" that we used. My leg muscles were burning, and my heart rate monitor said that I burned 500 calories. Plus, the instructor said that our heart rate monitors reflect a lower heart rate than the actual one, so I probably burned more than that.

You might have noticed that I've changed my ticker at the top. I've decided that I'm not really aiming to lose much weight anymore...maybe 5 pounds. I'm focusing on body fat percentage and overall health and fitness right now. If I happen to lose more than 5 lbs, I'm not going to complain, but it's not going to be something I'm obsessed with anymore...at least for this week :)

My immediate goal for BF is to get under 20%. My ultimate goal is going to be 17%. I'm not sure how difficult that will be, but it's something to work toward. (I'm currently at 21.3%.)

Nothing much else to say tonight. Gotta go eat something and get to bed.

9 comments:

swankywanker said...

Hey, glad to see you've set yourself some new goals. It's seemed lately you've been. . . I don't know. . . floundering. Flounder no more! Go get it done, KGurl.

Jay said...

those workouts in the pool must be brutal!

Jim McCoy said...

I always thought that pool workouts would be easy. Guess I was wrong. Go Kristen!

Ripx180 said...

yes I too can see that Kristen is gathering steam... watch out fat your up for eviction and Kristen just drafted the notice.

Rob Tucker said...

Good to see you refocused - perhaps since weight loss isn't the main focus and Body Fat is, why don't you change the ticker to reflect that?

Kristen said...

Thanks, Rob. silly me...

Melissa said...

Pool workouts are impressive. When I had knee problems that was a suggestion from my orthopedic surgeon.

P.S. I cant wait to hang out on Saturday :)

Marcol said...

Cant wait to hear about your progress towards your new goals. Work it out!

billy said...

welcome to the confusing world of "what do i do now that I'm not focused on losing weight?"!!

If nothing else, use this time to slowly ramp up calories to a more normal level, sort of like resetting your metabolism. Just be careful not to gain!