Today's eating was ok again...although I did have half a donut in the morning. I don't even like donuts. Oh well. It could have been a whole one or two. So, half is better...which is my whole strategy as of late. For lunch, I had an Amy's cheese enchilada thing...good stuff. Ok, so the calorie count was good (240), but there were 14 grams of fat...and I have to say that it was definitely worth the fat grams. The best part was that someone was begging me to go out to lunch with them, and I was going to, but then I came to my senses and realized that I was going to go out only to fulfill an emotional need. We probably would have gone to Hard Rock and gotten something that didn't even taste that great anyways. So...for dinner, I had chicken with mushrooms. Not a bad eating day at all.
Tonight was bootcamp. We focused on upper body. I really need to learn how to do some real pushups already. I should practice that at home on my days off. My heart rate monitor said I burned about 600 calories. I'm not even going to go into what we did tonight...there's just too much weird stuff. Ok, not that weird...just stuff I've never seen before. Ok, I will go into it. The reason I love this bootcamp class is that they do so many different things that I wouldn't consider to be typical workout stuff. Yeah, we do pushups and other normal things, but there always seems to be a twist. One of the things we did tonight was throw a medicine ball backwards over our heads in the gym and then run to pick it up and continue running with it until we reached the other side of the gym. We did 10 of these in each circuit. My heart rate was so high by the time I got to about the 5th one. We also did lunges on the treadmill tonight (I've done this before). Set the treadmill to about 12 - 15% incline and set it to go really slow like 1.0 mph. Then just lunge :)
What a boring blog today. I really don't have much to say, except thanks for all the bday wishes and for all your support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Damn, that medicine ball thing sounds rough. It also sounds like a good workout though..Now if I only had a medicine ball
that sounds pretty fun, actually! Part of the cool thing about the boot camp is the variety of stuff you do, and the fact that you never know what to expect.
I'm with Jay - that does sound like fun. Any chance you'd like to subsidize my gym membership? :)
Does sound like a hard workout. I think that is great for the body though (throwing new stuff at it all the time). It never allows your body to get sufficient so you get more benefit. I have been contemplating joining a gym. We just had a 24 hour fitness put in by our house. The main reason I would want it is for stuff like that or other classes like spin etc. Its hard to justify the extra dough though and time away from the family.
no more donuts for a while ok (made me cringe)? Those things have absolutely nothing good in them. They are food hand grenades. However I have to commend you for even mentioning it on your blog, I probably would have tucked my tail and threw it in my closet of secrets.
I enjoyed reading your blog today not boring at all so keep em coming.
The lunges on the treadmill sound like something I could try. My fitness center is too small for the medicine ball stuff.
Happy belated birthday by the way.
I remember your actual birth day;)
Josh the Destroyer used to have my hurl the medicine ball and go chase it down. As silly as it sounds, that's a hell of a workout - heartbeats soar.
You're doing fine - it seems like you're fighting out of a funk, and you're doing the best you can. That's all you can ask for. Keep it going, Kristen.
Good for you Kristen on going with the Amy's Enchillada verses the Hard Rock. You even identified what going to Hard Rock would have been about. Sweet.
Bootcamp, sounds like its appropriately named. I can only imagine with all the work youre doing how good youll look in your next pics.
Stay strong!
Post a Comment