Tonight was the first time working with Keith the Trainer, and I have to say that that's exactly how I always imagined bootcamp would be like. Holy crap! We got more done in 10 minutes than we normally do in 20 with the other trainers I've worked with. I think this is due to very little rest time between sets. He kicked our asses. I loved it! I mean I hated it at times, of course, but wow! Normally I could come home and tell you everything that we did, but there is no way I could remember everything today. In fact, I'm so beat, I'm having a hard time remembering anything we did. I'm so glad I have the weekend to recover, although I plan on going in on Sunday for some cardio with a friend.
One cool thing about the gym is that I feel so comfortable there now. Lifetime facilities are just massive and they seem to be packed no matter what time of day you go. It can be really overwhelming at first. Now I'm always running into people that I know all the time...friends, coworkers, people that I've met at the gym, etc... It's just a cool feeling, I guess. It just helps to make it feel like a normal part of my life. I actually felt a little bad last night, because I ran into someone I knew that I don't see too often and gave her a quick hug before realizing that it was kind of gross (sweaty shirt). Oh well...she didn't seem to care.
I have to say that I feel completely back to normal now. I'm motivated and so ready to be hot. I do need to work more on my cardio stuff, because that's not all the way back to normal yet. I don't expect it to take too long though.
I've had several different people refer to me as teeny this week. Granted they are all bigger, but it still is helping to motivate me into actually being teeny. I feel thinner, therefore I act thinner...if that makes sense :)
fyi...my eating was good today...except for the sliver of apple pie...the tiniest of slivers though. I also haven't weighed myself since last week. From what I know of my body, I'm doing fine, but I'm afraid of seeing a bad number and then going crazy with the food...when I've been so good this week regardless of what the scale says. No sense in messing that up.
Ok. I'm going to try to get in bed early tonight to let this body rest.
Wait...one more thing...I just wanna say that I'm sorry if I haven't been commenting as much lately. It's not that I'm not reading and enjoying your posts...it's just that the right words are eluding me for some reason. This will pass, and I'll be as vocal as ever soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Good job tonight! Never been to boot camp, but it sounds rough and it you knocked it out.
sounds great! Nice job. I love those high-intensity workouts, makes you feel alive!
Nice to have you back!
Yes, alive and dead all at the same time :)
I remember those first few workouts with Josh the Destroyer - it's a whole different world when you get that trainer that pushes the envelope. I love that.
As for the scale, you're a better person than me. I'm addicted and chained to it.
You're funny - you're so ready to be hot. Lol... you already are hot! ;)
Especially in that chocolate dress from this summer. :)
You sound more like your old self.
Glad you're back - missed your blogs.
sounds great! i've been thinking of trying out the "boot camp" at my local YMCA. I think you've motivated me a little more to give it a go.
I love your energy in this post Kristen. I sense the fire!
That feeling you describe about your gym, I think I get it. Its becoming a part of your life and eventually it will be a part that if you dont go on your scheduled days youll feel out of place...im getting that feeling too
Keep on working out like you are. That song "this is why I'm hot" can be your theme song :)
That workout sounds awesome. YAY for Keith the trainer. Glad to see that spark in Kristen flaring again :)
Keith sounds like one awesome dude. That's cool that he pushed you guys like that.
I totally know what you mean about feeling skinnier then acting skinnier. You stand different, you wear different things, you act different...you don't dread trying on clothes!!!! :) It's a good feeling.
And good for you on your good-eating streak. Those are hard to keep alive, but you're doing it.
Post a Comment