Saturday, June 9, 2007

An Accidental Weigh-in

Despite my efforts to avoid the scale, I got a glimpse of the horror yesterday. I had a doctor's appointment, and evidently they like to look at things like how much you weigh and stuff :)

Honestly, it wasn't too awful, but I'm not posting it yet. On a positive note, it was 10 pounds less than the last time I was there.

Kirsten is here for the weekend, and so far it's gone quite well in my opinion. We had a fabulous dinner last night and lots of red wine. Then we watched Best Week Ever together. Then I fell asleep about halfway through.

I woke up when Vince got home from work. He's never met Kirsten before, but after about 10 minutes, she said the funniest thing: "Hey Vince...so what's your favorite thing about me so far....?" Cracked my sh*t up. I love that girl. Vince told me this morning that my friend is funny. This is huge. It's not that he doesn't like my other friends, but he went out of his way to let me know that he likes this one. Awww...

We're having a party tonight. I don't know what kind yet...maybe an open house of sorts. Some friends will be coming over for a cookout on my deck...some may come later... Basically, I don't quite know who or what yet, but it will be fun fo sho (because I'll be there).

The bottom line is that I'll try to not go crazy, but I'm going to roll with the menu this weekend.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Ok, let's get this straight.

Vince walks into the door and sees you and this strange woman in the house drinking 'lots' of red wine?

The thoughts that went through THAT guy's head. Good for him ;)

Marcol said...

Isnt it nice when the people you love like each other? Makes your life much easier and enjoyable. Sounds like youre having a great time, continue to enjoy your time with your friend.

Anonymous said...

For a second there, I thought you WERE going crazy. I thought you were talking about yourself, until I realized you are Kristen and it is your friend Kirsten.

Anonymous said...

I had one of those accidental weigh-ins not too long ago. It also was at my doctor's office.
I had been gaining and losing the same 2lbs for a long time but all she knew was that I was 10 lbs lighter than my last visit - She was impressed and that made me feel good.