I have a feeling that my soy chai's have been sabotaging my weight loss. 350 calories really adds up. The one thing that makes them not so bad is that they probably provide about 2 dairy servings. I think that's about the same amount of calories as 2 servings of milk?
Anyways...no more of them during the month of July. In fact, I have to vow to bring my lunch to work every day too. I really need to get back to only going out to lunch once per week. It's killing me.
I went to the gym this morning, and I had the lower arm sweat thing going again. In fact, I was pretty much drenched. I'm starting to think it's due to ovulation. It's only happened to me twice - today and about a month ago. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I was even having a hard time getting my HR up to where I like it. The other difference was the time of day that I was working out. I usually go there in the evening, but today I went in the morning. This was the same situation as the last lower arm sweat day.
On a positive note...my stomach was looking a little flatter. I've heard that running helps women get rid of belly fat. My legs are looking more toned. It's a good day.
Finally, today I did interval training. Beck's speeds have given me inspiration. Brace yourselves...
*Stealing Beck's format here*
Cardio: Treadmill
warmup:
2 mins at 3.5 MPH 2% incline
1 min at 4.0 MPH 2% incline
1 min at 5.0 MPH 2% incline
1 min at 5.5 MPH 2% incline
interval:
90 sec at 6.5 MPH 2% incline, 60 sec rest; 3 sets.
90 sec at 7.0 MPH, 60 sec rest; 3 sets.
60 sec at 7.5 MPH, 60 sec rest; 3 sets.
30 sec at 8.0 MPH, 60 sec rest; 3 sets. (+30 sec burst of 8.5 MPH at the end of the final 8.0 MPH)
While I felt that I was working hard, I know that I could have probably gone faster. Next time I'm starting at 7.5 MPH working up to 8.5 MPH.
This whole thing took about 30 minutes or so, so I hopped on over to the elliptical for 20 minutes. This was where the lower arm sweat happened.
Now, I have to go clean the house. Have a great rest of the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
If it helps, I know I sweat when I ovulate...
Um, Kristen, what's up with you & this lower arm sweat thing? Do you mean that the part of your arm from your elbow down gets sweaty? Do you not normally sweat there or something? I'm confused...
Rebecca, that's correct. I do not normally sweat there. Normal sweat spots for me are: stomach, back, butt, neck, face, scalp. Yeah...that's about it. Nothing on the arms or legs. I get really grossed out when the the lower arms are sweating...especially on the machines, because I rest my arms on the sides of the elliptical and the machine gets wet. ICK!
Ok, I know I am being freakish about this, but it's more that it doesn't happen all the time. It happens on days when I feel more sluggish than normal, and I was wondering if it could be related to my cycle in some way.
Rob, I feel so much better now. Thanks!
lol... got it Kristen. i sweat a lot, all over, so i guess i can't relate. my sister & i used to work out together, and she always was grossed out by my sweating, since she only sweats on her back (so she claimed anyway). my plan for losing 10 pounds so far is to bump up my exercise - 5 days/week of cardio, 3 days/intene total body weight workout. I will also be adjusting my diet a bit, but i'm not sure how exactly. since you haven't been consistently losing weight, you will probably see good results. do you lift weights at all?
My gosh, Kristen. You're a freakin' beast!! Awesome job on the tread...and the elliptical. Geez, you're putting me to shame! :)
Post a Comment