That was one cool thing. The other cool thing was that I was in the locker room and saw these fabulous black thighs (the girl was bent over getting something from her locker). I thought - wow, she has thighs just like April (my trainer). Well, looks like April
I never did tell you guys about our fallout. Remember when I missed the last day of demf? I had some serious shit going on and I missed my personal training session. Then she called to tell me that Saturday's session was moved to Sunday @ noon. Well, I showed up at like 12:10, and I couldn't find her. I thought that maybe they were working out outside or something. Anyways, probably the next day, I listened to the voicemail that she had left me about 6 days earlier, and it said we were meeting at 11:00. (She had called and left a vm, but I had just called her back before listening to the message...I do this a lot.) Anyways...I completely forgot to call her to let her know I was going to be in Chicago for the Tuesday night session and I forgot to call to ask when we were meeting over the weekend. Basically, I thought I'd lost my last paid session. She had said something like that in the voicemail (if you no show again, i'll have to charge you...) I understand this.
Then I got another call the next Tuesday night that said...look I warned you that I'd have to charge you. you haven't been here and you haven't called, so i have to charge you for your remaining two sessions. By the way, I'm moving to Indiana in July, so have a nice life (or something along that line). Maybe we can work something out for your last two sessions if you give me a call...
I didn't think I had two sessions left, but I felt horrid that I'd blown her off for several weeks, so I called and left a voicemail. I basically apologized and said I would like to work something out if possible. If not, I'd understand.
Well, I never heard back from her and I hadn't seen her until tonight. She accused me of never getting back to her. I know for a fact I did, but it's beside the point now. I am going up there tomorrow night for my last session. I will miss that girl.
She said my shoes were way cute (my new running shoes). I told her the exciting news about my assessments - and then I pointed at my thigh to show her the muscle. Here's the payoff for listening to this dreadfully long and boring story. Ok, so it's probably not payoff to you all, but it is to me. She said (with big eyes)...you're looking smaller. So, here's the deal. We all know that I haven't lost any weight in a long time, but she recognized that I'm smaller. I swear that the running is really really paying off big time. I don't care what anyone says...I'm gaining muscle mass and losing fat. I can see it and I can feel it. BTW...it's been just about a month since the last time she saw me.
I was looking at the mirrors today while I was on the elliptical, and I was mesmerized by the shape of my thighs. Ok, ok...i'll stop...don't puke.
I really think that my home workout last night made me a little tired to really push myself tonight on the machines. Plus, I haven't been getting nearly as much sleep as I should, and I haven't been drinking enough water. The guy trainer really wants me to start eating healthy snacks a couple times a day. I might actually give this a shot - even if it's just an apple or something.
I chose to use the hill option on the treadmill tonight. Felt good that I set the level at 15 (out of 20). I kept my speed at about 5.0 for about 15 minutes. I then wanted to just run a straight mile, but that clicking at my new joint returned right away. Does anyone know what this is? It's like at the bottom of the hamstring. Anyways, I took myself over to the elliptical to finish my workout. I am trying to mix it up, because I am getting a little bored with the cardio stuff. Plus, each minute seems to take a long time to get through lately. Maybe it's my music. Need to get another good set.
Ok, I'm so tired that I actually fell asleep writing this...
Good night!

4 comments:
Way to go Kristen!
It's good to see you being able to see results other than on the scale and being able to enjoy it. That's definitely a trait I could learn from you.
OMG, Kristen, you're so vain!! lol
I'm so happy for you!! Way to go on the tread, you're doing great.
Oh, and the snack thing is a GREAT idea. It takes a little time to get into the habit, but once you do, it's so worth it. It keeps you from getting hungry throughout the day, which helps you avoid binging at dinner. When I skip my mid-afternoon snacks, those are usually the days I want to order Chinese or pizza.
Anyway, you're doing soooo good!
Beck, don't make me tell everyone about...well, you know... :)
Post a Comment