I know it doesn't really fit in with the whole HIIT culture, but here goes...
As I've mentioned before, music keeps me moving during my workouts, but what really pushes me is something that I read a few years ago...I think I actually read it a few places. Fat burning is highly accelerated from minutes 30 - 45 during a high intensity workout. Sure I want to quit at minute 30 a lot, but I just remind myself that if I can stay in for another 5 - 10 minutes, I'll be getting much better results. This usually turns into another 20 - 30 minutes, but mainly because of the music at that point.
I think there was only one day since I've been going back to the gym where I actually stopped at 30 minutes. This was the day I thought I was going to die because of lower arm sweat. I did not like that at all! So I'm a bit of a girly girl...
That's all that I wanted to say this am. Debate away if you'd like :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I have a hard time pushing past 30 min sometimes too. I also heavily rely on music on my cardio days also. On lower arm sweat I get it and if I don't I am probably not working hard enough :). I think us guys just sweat more.
Well, I think I have a high sweat threshold?
I pretty much gauge my workout by heart rate, and I think if mine goes much higher, then my heart might just explode someday. I usually average between 180 - 185. Sometimes it's as high as 190.
Wow that is a high heart BPM. I usually see mine around the 160-180 range. Much above that and I am getting really winded.
Wow, I must not work hard enough. I am lucky if mine hits 160. My resting HR is less than 70.
I usually am around 155 when going solid-state, and between 170 snd 185 doing intervals.
I sweat like a pitcher of margarita in the mexican sun.
Everybody has a different anaerobic threshold. Mine just happens to be around 175 - 180. I want to get that tested again though. I am getting pretty efficient at 180 - 185. My AT might have gone up.
I sweat, too.
My arms sweat when I do intervals on the bike. The weird thing is that the bike is usually the easiest thing for me to do, yet I sweat the most on it. Go figure. Anyway, awesome job on more than half an hour...HIIT. I can do up to an hour at a steady pace, but HIIT? Ha!! You're doing great, Kristen!
that is sooo funny! i get the lower arm sweat on the stair hell... which i havent been on in 2 weeks! shame on me oh, back to you
Billy, you crack me the hell up.
As for the 30-45 minute point, I did 30 minutes on the eliptical for so long that it started to become the number. Now, getting past 30 is purely a mental challenge for me.
I love to sweat. Does that mean I'm not girly? hmmm...
Rob, I so understand about 30 being your number. I made 60 my number this past year, and it's funny how I think "Oh, I'm already at 30?" It just flies by, so the rest is not too bad for me.
Post a Comment