I am going to make this short and sweet I think.
My flight left Detroit @ 9 am on Tuesday, so I got to Chicago @ about 9 am. We decided to wait for our associates flight that was arriving @ 10:30. I was starving, so I ran to Dunkin Donuts and got a breakfast sandwich and coffee. I don't usually feel much guilt about the breakfast sandwiches, because of how much they fill me up. Sure it's a ton of calories, but at least I am good until about dinner. What I wasn't really counting on were the fully catered meals for both days. I was thinking that they'd give us box lunches, but no. Tuesday was fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, baked beans, more and more and more...kind of a bbq theme (everything had a theme). I was actually pretty good. I grabbed a chicken breast and just ate a little bit of the meat (pulled off the skin). I ate some salad and a very small portion of mac & chz. Then meetings, meetings, meetings for the next 3 hours - with a break for cookies and chips. I actually just grabbed a water. So far...decent. Then our fun for the evening was a team building exercise @ The Chopping Block. This was actually a ton of fun. It's kind of like a night of cooking classes. Everyone was divided into teams and each team was responsible for one course. My team made the onion tarts (excellent...btw). Lots of wine and appetizers throughout the evening. I just had a few appetizers, but I'm sure there were lots of calories - not including the 4 glasses of red wine. The meal was quite good, and I really only ate a moderate amount of each thing. Then I had one more drink in the hotel lounge before bed.
Wednesday: Had to be to breakfast by 8 am. Grabbed a Venti Soy Chai (no water) on my way out of the hotel. I love this, but I think there are about 350 calories in it. Still, it fills me up and gives me tons of energy. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, potatoes, pastries (I did grab a mini-muffin). Meetings meetings meetings. Lunch was this awesomely catered Southwest themed thing. I don't think I need to detail this one out. You get the point. More meetings, then it was time to go to the airport. Since one of our associates had an earlier flight, we just grabbed a cab with her. This gave us plenty of time to eat dinner at the airport. I really wasn't hungry, so why did I get a burger (10 oz at that) and fries. I don't know why I didn't just get a salad. I did take off the bottom bun and I didn't finish all of it, but still...I did eat the french fries. I am not used to this. The flight was fine, but Starbucks suckered me in with their double choc chip frap at baggage claim. I did, however, just get a tall instead of the venti. So, maybe I can still throw that under better choices? Ok, maybe not.
Another bad thing about this trip was the distance between all of our venues and the amount of free time we had. I always enjoy walking in Chicago, but I did almost none of that this time. Cabs for everything. I didn't even bother to take workout clothes, because I knew I wouldn't have time and I didn't.
I got up this morning and when I was walking out the door, I saw that someone had eaten all my breakfast bars. I was starving and needed coffee, so I stopped at Tim Horton's and got a breakfast sandwich and coffee. I ate a Kashi lunch. I went shopping for food tonight, and I think I was actually good when I returned. I had bought a rotisserie chicken, and I just ate some of that... no sides.
So, I'm sitting here just rubbing my belly now. It's distended and I hate this feeling. Everything is so crazy around here lately, and I haven't had time to go to the gym. I know it's more that I haven't made time to go to the gym, but whatevs. I will get back at it soon...maybe Saturday.
Something very exciting is happening this weekend. My bff Kirsten is coming to Michigan and she is staying with me. Yay! I can barely contain myself. I am keeping the menu a secret for now, but I think it'll be good. It's not the healthiest, but it's not the unhealthiest either. Ok, that's the only clue I'm giving :)
Btw...I'm never weighing myself again. I know I need to, but I'm afraid. I know for a fact that it's no longer 133. It's most likely closer to 140 (+ or -). I will wait till I've been a little good and do it then. Either way, 140 is not the end of the world to me. I would love to be a consistent 130 or 120, but it doesn't have to happen right away. 140 is my acceptable point - for now.
So much for my short and sweet blog. I think that's nearly impossible for me to accomplish - unless I'm just posting a quote. Just think how long this one would have been had I not been short and sweet. Is anyone still actually reading this...? I never even got to the part where my coworker was completely smashed and falling into tables and chairs and people (including the new boss). Poor thing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I was hooked to the end - I want to hear about that drunken coworker!
As for the weekend, something we just chalk it up as a vacation, and we keep working. I think you made a lot of great choices mixed in there, and you should give yourself a bit of credit. Those weekend business trips aren't easy, and sure - you may have been able to do better, but think about how much worse you COULD have done.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Just hit the gym.
And weigh yourself. It's the biggest level accountability you have.
i cant wait to get there!
Lol... I read the whole thing and enjoyed it. I think you should weigh yourself - you might be pleasantly surprised, or you might be shocked, but if you are shocked it will help you make better choices the next time. Nothing like a good dose of reality to keep you on track! But it definitely could have been worse, so you should give yourself credit for growing and making better choices. Welcome back, by the way - I missed you! :)
"Btw...I'm never weighing myself again. I know I need to, but I'm afraid."
I know you were probably kidding, but this is my big philosophy. ALWAYS WEIGH YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT!!
Seriously, I lost about 50 pounds a few years ago, and I gained it ALL back. Why? Because I was afraid to weigh myself.
As long as we weigh ourselves daily, WE WILL NEVER GAIN BACK SUBSTANTIAL WEIGHT!!!!!!
Ok ok.. I'm done ;)
Business trips like vacations are kind of a license to go outside your normal eating habits. It's tough especially when the choices (themed meals) are made for you. All in all you didn't just eat mindlessly, you made some good choices too.
Anyway, weigh in! Don't be afraid, be renewed to your committment to be a healthier you.
Good blog - there is always one coworker that everyone wonders "what was she/he thinking?"
Fill us in!
I'm glad you had fun in Chicago! I know I'm just repeating everyone else here, but seriously, weigh yourself. Before you do, expect to be like 10 pounds up, that way, if you're only 2 or 3 up, then it's a good weigh-in. Right? :)
Anyway, I do love your attitude about the whole thing...about not having to weigh a certain number by a certain date. It's a lifestyle for you. That's key. :)
Wow sounds like a brutal trip. With what you had in front of you it doesn't sound like you did too bad. At least you didn't get smashed and knock over tables :).... I think the fact that your cognitive of your choices says allot about you. Just jump back in with a couple killer workouts and all will be right again.
Ripx
Post a Comment