Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sexy Sexy

Yesterday was a bit of a relaxed diet day. Not awful, but relaxed. I had been to the gym for 5 straight days before that, so I really needed a break anyways.

I still had my breakfast bar for breakfast. Then we had that big meeting with "breakfast". Who ever decided that bagels and pastries constitute breakfast. I grabbed an OJ and a cup of coffee instead. Good thing I ate my breakfast bar before getting there. I do hate that I wasted 140 calories on OJ though.

I did not bring my snack to work like I have been trying to do, so I did succumb to the pressure of pastries sitting in the kitchen area. Too bad. Blew it right before lunch. I should have just eaten lunch, but no. I had this delightful blueberry thing. I'm sure it was awful, but I decided to just be careful the rest of the day. I got a salad from au bon pan. I really love that place. I just don't like how much dressing they put on my salad. I will ask for half dressing next time. They have good salads there, but they also have a lot of healthy snack items - along with a lot of non-healthy snacks. I got this cute little bag of baby carrots for my afternoon snack.

For dinner, I met some friends at Royal Oak Brewery. I think I drank a few pints. My friend and I shared two appetizers. One was Thai Chicken Skewers. I think these were pretty healthy, but we didn't really love them. We also got Chicken Cheese Quesadillas. All in all, I don't think it was too bad of a dinner. Could have been much worse.

Now for the fun part...

After dinner, we were walking to Noir Leather when we saw this little boutique shop with dresses hanging up outside. I've really been wanting to diversify my closet lately, but I've never thought I could pull off a dress nicely. My friends saw this cute little dress that they wanted me to try on. I was like, no no no... let's just keep walking. They insisted, so I went with it. It totally fit me, but I'm very pale and it would have looked a lot better on someone tan. The owner of the shop went and got me a different dress though. It was this beautiful flowy chocolate thing with a tie around the neck thing. It was so cute and sexy - even on me. ME! It needs to be shortened, but seriously this thing looked so good with my coloring. I totally bought it, and I so canNOT wait to wear it. Of course, I will post a pic when I do.

That's about it. I think I might be heading down to Indiana for a party/camping thing tonight. I'll weigh in sometime tomorrow for the Challenge. I can't wait to lose 10 pounds next month - even though I'm not confident that I can. That's a lot to lose at this point in the game. I will at least lose some pounds and improve my mile time. Go team!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pic of you in the flowy chocolate tie-around-the-neck thing.

Also, when I look at a pastry I think about 30 minutes or more on the elliptical - it helps me not to think of the calories but the effort to burn it off.

billy said...

"It was so cute and sexy - even on me."

What a silly thing to say.

Candy Girl said...

i dont think you should worry about lbs at this stage of the game. go for inches!neck, waist and hips!

bet it feels good to fit into something you didnt think you could fit into!

Rob Tucker said...

Funny how we drink orange juice and think of the non-healthy qualities, isn't it?

Josh told me one time - nobody ever got fat drinking orange juice. Don't sweat that one :)