Monday, July 2, 2007

I feel good...

I fell asleep at 8 pm last night and felt wonderful this morning at 6 am. I usually struggle to get out of bed at 7, so this was a nice change. I got myself ready for work and had time to pack a lunch. It might not have been the lowest fat lunch, but it is still better than a lot of other things I could have had. I did not have any breakfast bars, so I made some Quaker Weight Smart Oatmeal. I don't love the stuff, but it did fill me up. I even packed some snacks for today (banana and nectarine). So I ate my oatmeal for breakfast, banana for snack 1, hamburger on a bun and a salad for lunch, nectarine for snack 2, and a protein shake after my workout.

So my workout was interesting today. Last week I ran into a girl that was in my small personal training group. She had been doing the Boot Camp class, and she told me how much cheaper it was than the personal training. I went up there tonight for my first session, and I have to say it's just about the same as the personal training - only at about half the price and more sessions per week. So, until my surgery, I will be going to Boot Camp 3 times per week. Sucks that I had to pay a whole month even though I'll only be able to participate for about 3 weeks. That's ok. I needed something new to mix it up. I'll still be running too - probably on my off days. I plan on working out at least 5 - 6 days a week for all of July.

I was told by another personal trainer that I probably wasn't ready for Boot Camp, but I hung tough (even the trainer called me tough - ha!). Sure I was pushed to pain and breathlessness, but overall I did absolutely fine - especially for my first session. I'm worried about Wednesdays though, because that's the upper body workout session. Mondays are total body & Thursdays are lower body. We are missing Wednesday of this week for the holiday, so hopefully she goes with lower body still on Thursday. I say this, but I know that my upper body is my weakness, so I should be begging for upper body workouts.

Ok, I just have to say once again how excited I am about this Challenge. It's exactly what I've needed to help me focus again and take me to the next level. I can't wait for my run tomorrow!

Goal for tonight and tomorrow: Go to bed early and keep with the small snacks

***Edit***

I just ate a hot dog. I think my calories were still fine for the day, but damn it, that's what I get for staying up late again. Ok, now I just looked up and saw my "go to bed early" goal. Bad Girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ARE tough. I've seen those boot camps and they're not for sissies.

Be all you can be!

Ripx180 said...

You go girl!!! Those boot camps do look bad a$$. Watch out for Kristen in July!!! Stink I forgot your on the closers..... Either way I hope it works wonders.

Rob Tucker said...

I've wanted to do these boot camps for a while, they have one at Ballys where I go. Not a good time during the day though, so that's my excuse ;)