Monday, July 9, 2007

I'm Giving In...

I created a http://www.calorie-count.com/ account yesterday and have been logging my food. We'll see how long this lasts. It did help me to control my food yesterday and today. I went grocery shopping yesterday, and I bought a lot more fruit than usual. I also got other different kinds of healthier snacks like string cheese and almonds. True to form, I couldn't resist the snacks that were sitting next to me all morning at work, but I ate them all and no more. I guess this is a good thing. I even ate the lunch I brought and then went to Bellacino's and watched my friend eat pizza. I barely noticed the pizza - seriously.

I got home from work, ate some cottage cheese, and then hit the gym for boot camp. This was my third sesssion, and I still have this week, next week, and the following Monday left. The pushups were a little easier today (I could actually do some girly ones). I am really beat though. Tomorrow will be an off day for me. I really need the rest. I think my legs will love me for it.

Ok, I'm famished. Time for dinner. Then hopefully an early bedtime :P

8 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Glad to see it - CC.com's really helped me along with this aspect of things. You'll like it - find me at robtucker430 over there :)

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping very close watch on my eating at the calorie-count.com web site.

I'm such a geek that getting at A is really important. As of today that's what I have. This is not to say that the calories were within my weight loss range but I do think about everything I eat because I have to record it.

Also, some of the searches I did opened my eyes to lots of mistakes I've been making and I've eliminated some foods from my diet.

Take a break tomorrow, your legs deserve it.

Jay said...

I wouldn't call that giving in. It's more like stepping up!

Kristen said...

We shall see...we shall see...

Does anybody know if there is a way to modify a food item. Example: Wendy's chicken sandwich without mayonnaise.

Also, is there any place that CC.com tells you what you need to complete a healthy balance for the day? Such as needing more vegetables or protein?

Rob Tucker said...

I don't think you can 'modify' them, but in the case of Wendys I think you can go in there and see what sandwich components you used, and just add them up and 'make your own' recipe.

So, go find Wendys Bun, Wendy's Chicken Breast, etc.. and add it up?

Soemtimes the nutritional websites of the restaurants will help with this too- tacobell.com has an interactive one.

Anonymous said...

Calorie Count is a really good tool. I don't use it as often as I should, but when I first started, it really opened my eyes to how many calories I was actually consuming. It's actually pretty surprising. Anyway, good luck with it! :)

Rebecca said...

Yeah, counting calories is SO helpful. I've found that when I've wondered 'why didn't I lose any weight this week?' and started putting my calories in (i use sparkpeople.com), I got my answer - too much food! I'm sure you will find it helpful, sometimes even fun! I used to feel all purposeful when I would sit down and input my new foods... of course, i'm strange so you may not feel the same way. :)

swankywanker said...

hey, thanks for becoming my fan club, it is wicked helpful and means a lot. and look at you! you've come a long way, baby! congrats. inspirational and whatnot.