Just a couple quick thoughts. I ate ok. I didn't go to the gym (still a little sore and tired from the past couple of days). I have boot camp for the next two days anyways. I was just hungry, so I decided to go with Marcol's suggestion on Beck's blog about the snacks under 250 calories. I could easily consume 250 calories on just about anything, but I decided to do something of substance. I don't know if I still made it under the 250 calories, but I feel better. 6 oz milk, fit & trim yogurt (frozen), 1 scoop whey protein. Some berries or a banana would have made it even better. I think I'm going to start having one of these after my workouts from now on.
Tonight I tried on a swimsuit that I've had since before I had kids. It fits. No control panel, but I would say it's OK. Certainly not hot, but ok. This is good enough for now. Good news is that I can still still that thigh definition that I mentioned the other day. Bad news is that my thoughts were still floating between confidence and disgust the whole time. How does this happen? Grrr... I still have a long way to go. No, I'm not posting any pictures.
I am going to start biking soon. That should yield some dramatic improvements to my inner thighs. I remember when I was younger, I used the bike at the gym every day for about 10 - 20 minutes. It only took about a month for me to see huge differences. I'm not expecting the same results as quickly this time, but still. The gym has free spinning classes. Plus, my friend and I are supposed to start riding bikes together on weekends now. I have to get my bike fixed up first, but this should be a good way to incorporate some real physical activity into my daily life. I would like to get to a point where the gym is just a supplement to my active lifestyle. That might be a little difficult year round in Michigan, but I can always try different things.
I'm starting a new earlier schedule at work tomorrow, so I have to get to bed now. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i read somewhere to eat within 2 hours of a workout to burn the most calories
Skip the spinning and get outside and enjoy the weather while you can! Especially living in Michigan
Your determination and drive amaze me. Biking with a friend sounds like a good idea while the weather is good.
I'm with Jay - as good as the weather's been, go out and run. You've done so much with your cardio and running that you can really make a difference, and get to enjoy the weather at the same time.
Save the spinning classes for December - it wont' be "old" for you by then =)
Post a Comment