Thursday, July 12, 2007

More random ramblings...

My post this morning was supposed to be rambling, but I got inspired, so now I ramble...

My diet has been much much better for Week 2 of the Challenge. I did really kind of screw up tonight, but I was so good for the first part of the day that I think it will pretty much balance out.

I had boot camp tonight, and I stayed an extra 40 minutes for cardio. I was finding it difficult to get my heart rate up. My heart must be becoming more efficient. I tried to crank up the resistance, but I don't think my heart was in it since I was going on like 1.5 hrs of workout. I decided to just move with the music and be happy that I was still in Zone 3 (average HR around 170). I still felt very good.

TOM showed up today. This is exciting, because I didn't want it to happen on Saturday. Hopefully all the bad symptoms will be gone by then. I'm getting worried that I won't be able to go out though. Seems that I'm not the only sick one. My sitter is also not feeling well, and I don't want to search another one out. Maybe my husband will stay home with the kids, so that I can go. I don't really want to wear my fancy new dress without him though :( I hope it all works out. This is going to be a really good party. Oh well, I'll still have friends over tomorrow night I think. Twill be lots and lots of fun.

Cool compliment time:

My old manager was working downtown today on my floor, and she told me that a man that we work with came up to her recently and asked her if she'd seen me lately. He said something like: She has lost a lot of weight and then something about stopping traffic. *blush*

Isn't that the sweetest thing :)

That's about it for tonight. I'm hitting the showers and then watching the results from So You Think You Can Dance. Btw...that show is very inspirational for me. I want a dancer's body now. They are lean but firm. No sissy girls out there. Maybe after I lose more weight, I'll take some dancing classes. Ok, I'm kidding. I am sooooo not that coordinated. I mean, I could barely do Tae Bo.

Ok, good night.

6 comments:

Candy Girl said...

sure you could! all it takes is practice!!!

Anonymous said...

Check out the community class schedule for dance. My friend is taking Latin dance right now and said it's a blast. The classes are usually small and everyone has a good time.

She did belly dancing last year. Good exercise.

Can't wait for you to post pictures of the infamous dress.

Kirsten said...

hey graceful, you are well on your way to a gymnast's body. i cant believe how tone you are getting. you are almost inspiring me to get back to lifting.

Jay said...

haha, I thought my wife and I were the only onese over 20 who watched that show! It's one of our guilty summer pleasures.

Kristen said...

LOVE SYTYCD. I avoided it until late last season. It actually is a fun show to watch and has some substance to it. I mean, to make a B-Boy do ballroom...that's pretty interesting if he can pull it off.

Jay said...

You read my mind! I'm really enjoying Hok and the John Leguizamo guy this year. It really makes me want to learn some of the different styles.