Ok, now I'm really motivated to get my upper body into shape. If I can see some results when I'm not really trying, imagine what I can do if I just focus. Billy's blog about self-limiting beliefs struck a chord with me. Bad arms runs in our family. I've always just accepted that I would have flab, but I think that's just another one of those excuses to not try to make them buff. This is changed - as of now.
Boot camp was an upper body circuit training session. My first round was probably the hardest, but after my muscles warmed up, it was much more bearable. I still struggled, but I feel so good right now. I'm a little sad that our next session isn't until Monday. The good news is that I was supposed to have surgery on Tuesday, and now I'm not going to have it until late August. I'm so glad I get to finish up my 1 month class.
Since I'm talking upper body, I'll mention a funny compliment I got on Saturday night. Someone said that I didn't have armpit fat. While I know that this isn't actually true, it's nice to know that some people don't see it. I've always had an insane fear of sleeveless tops, but I've actually been wearing them this summer. I never realized how much more bearable the heat is when you wear less clothes. In the past, I've always worn long skirts and very covering tops. When I was heavy, I tried to stay with the dark clothing to somewhat camouflage the fat. In fact, I've always dreaded summer, because I had to give up sweaters. Everything is different this year. No, I'm not dressing like a hoochie mama, but I am trying new styles of clothes for the first time in almost forever.
Hmmm...I think that's about all for tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment