Friday, July 27, 2007

Measurable Results

I reached a couple of my big goals!!!

For the past year, I've pretty much worn the same bra size. Sure I've changed which notch I use, but I've always been in 38B, although I probably should have been in 40B at the beginning. I've been measuring myself occasionally over the past year - every time expecting to see 36B. I guess that's where I've mentally kind of drawn the line between medium and larger (for me). Last night I finally saw what I wanted to see. It has to be the boot camp. I've not done much with my upper body until this past month or so, and I suddenly hit my goal. I guess I'll consider myself thin when I get to 34B. I don't want to get below that at all. Ewww...

I am going to have another assessment at the gym within the next few days hopefully. It will be very cool to see if I've made progress from 06/28 (when they told me that I just needed to lose 2 lbs). I know I've lost 2 lbs, so I can't wait to see what they say is my body fat percentage.

Another measurable difference is my wedding ring. I have been able to get it on my finger with my engagement ring for a while now, but I've not been able to wear it for more than a day or so. Well, I put both of them on a couple of days ago, and they are still completely fine. I think they'll be staying on for good now. There is a noticeable change.

2 more days until the final weigh-in for the Challenge. I know that I did not lose 10 lbs, but I am still satisfied with what I accomplished. I know I've lost inches, and that is way more important to me at this point.

A girl here came back from maternity leave today and mentioned that I was looking a lot slimmer through my midsection and face. So once again...not much weight loss, but inches lost for sure.

2 comments:

billy said...

nice- each thing is a small victory!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your goal meeting. I haven't worn my wedding bands for a long time. I slipped them on the other day and they were fine but I knew by the end of the day they would be uncomfortable. I'm still working toward that goal.

As for the bra thing - I had to buy smaller and now I've moved the hooks to the smallest.

Billy is right...add up all your small victories and you've made quite a difference in your life.