Sunday, July 8, 2007

So here's the deal...

I kinda lost control of my eating on Friday. There was a lot of good food at my parents' house, and I gave in. I did feel bad enough to make myself go for a 2 mile run after dinner. I think someone was irritated that I did this, but I cannot let others' negativity control my actions.

My binge probably wasn't as bad as I've done in the past, but I was supposed to be focused this week. I failed myself and my team, but I guess this is a new week and I must dust myself off and regroup. I did do a lot better yesterday. My eating was in control, but I didn't exercise. It's ok, since I either worked out or ran 5 days this week. Some days I did multiple things. I'm really into the whole stability ball thing right now - with hand weights. I figure if I'm just sitting there watching a movie, I might as well be moving my arms and legs.

I need to get my upper body in shape by Saturday, because I picked up my new chocolate dress today. The dress is just as nice as I remember it too. Ok, I know that my upper body won't be perfect by then, but I can do my best to improve it.

I got up this morning and walked/jogged/ran 4 miles - probably ran 3 of them (HR 180- 187). I'm not trying to make excuses here (ok, maybe a little), but I only shaved off 1 second from last week's time. First excuse: it was freakin hot and humid out. Second: my boobs hurt in anticipation of TOM. Third: I was running into the wind (when there was any). Fourth: I was carrying a water bottle, which could have slowed me down slightly. I'm glad I brought it though. Whoo - hot hot hot!!! I might have passed out without it. Maybe next week will be cooler and I'll be able to test out whether or not I improved on my time. Not that anyone really wants to see this, but here's proof that I sweat:

My clothes were completely drenched when I removed them. In a way, I felt so good that I was running and sweating my ass off out in this heat. I felt tough and focused. Athletes don't give up just because of a little heat, do they?

My eating has been good today so far. I drank a half-gallon of water after my run. I think Rebecca was right about 16 oz per every 15 minutes of exercise. I seriously needed to rehydrate.

What else? hmmm....I guess that's all for now, although I swear I had a lot more things to say. I'll have to post them all later as they come to me.

Oh, I just remembered one thing. It's not really a big deal, but...

I was going to the store last night, and my 4 yr old said something like: "She's probably going to the gym." I just think it's cool that she thinks that's the most likely place I'd be going. She also says things all the time like, "Are you going for a run today?"

I so want to be Athletic Mom.

Ok. Lata...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, you are setting such a good example for your kids. I'm sure you've seen all the news about how kids are so overweight and how they will be the first generation to actually live shorter lives than their parents before them.

I'm proud of you. Your kids could actually grow up thinking exercise is just a routine part of life - wouldn't that be wonderful?

You look so small in your sweaty picture too!

Rebecca said...

That's cool, that your baby notices your healthy habits. Of course, they pay attention to everything. But it's nice that you get to model healthy behavior for her. You should be proud!

Rob Tucker said...

First things first - you are NOT letting your team down. Having a bad day on the food plate's just a part of life, don't feel bad about it.

As for someone being irritated that you went for a 2 mile run after dinner.. that's just lame.

Great decisions all over this blog post. Don't beat yourself up over your one bad one.

Jay said...

I agree with Rob, you made some good choices here. As long as you're doing that most of the time, you'll be fine.

Rebecca said...

And by the way, you didn't fail us. I'm proud of your weight loss, and I think you should be too. You pulled your weight. ;)

billy said...

You definitely didn't let us down at all. Doesn't mean we all can't step up for next week though!

Kristen said...

I'm focused fa real this week...gotta look hawt on Saturday!

Lacy said...

Yeah, "letting your team down" is just silly! If I let someone else down everytime I ate something bad, well, I probably wouldn't have any friends! Besides, you recognized what you did, and went for a crazy run afterwards! Great job!

Oh, and have fun with the new dress! :) You'll have to post pictures of your hottness in it!

Marcol said...

Kristen, I think its pretty sweet that your daughter recognizes your healthy habits...no better way to set the healthy standard for her by modeling it yourself. Sweet!