Monday, June 4, 2007

Avoiding

I'm supposed to be sleeping now, but I still haven't packed or scoured the bathrooms yet. I'm supposed to be at the airport @ 7 am, and it's already after midnight here. Ick. I just couldn't leave without a final blog. Nothing too much to report, but still...

I did NOT weigh myself this morning. I might do it tomorrow morning though. I worked out on Sunday....tried to incorporate some of the HIIT stuff. I alternated between 2 minutes ultra high intensity and 2 minutes recovery...for about 35 minutes total. I'm just testing it all out for now. I will say that I was sweating like mad. I do not sweat perspire much in general, but even my forearms were wet. Crazy. I am pretty sure that the gym was a bit humid, but still...it did not make for a pleasant workout. This, on top of the fact that I did not have my ipod with me. So, 35 minutes + 5 minute cooldown.

I know I was supposed to be eating well this weekend, but I did have a piece of pizza for dinner last night. I could beat myself up over it, but the fact is that it was only 1 piece. Almost unheard of really. I was full and satisfied. I also had a small obvious realization too. As soon as I was done, I walked over to the sink and rinsed off my plate. I am going to use this strategy more often in the future. Sitting at the table and waiting for everyone else to finish is pretty much a recipe for diet disaster. (I know it's not a diet...blah blah blah)

Today I ate well. Breakfast bar, chicken caesar salad, and a delicious kashi adventure for dinner (lemongrass coconut chicken - check it out). I did splurge with a venti soy chai also, but it was well worth the extra calories today.

The next couple of days might be a struggle in Chicago, but I will do my best to stay on track after what happened last month. Ok - back to packing now. Lata...

3 comments:

Marcol said...

Hey Kristen! I know youre away but I wanted to say good job with keeping your portions in control and making it to the gym. Try keeping your HIIT sessions at no more than 25 minutes which should include 5 minute warm-up and cooldown. If you havent already check out my blog where I posted about HIIT a few days back. But great job nonetheless. Youre right HIIT will kick your ass and youll be sweating like you would after moving furniture. Kudos to you for going at it! I do hope you weighed yourself before you left to know where you stand and to help you keep perspective while you are away. Take care and be safe!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip! Best of luck with sticking to the plan while you're in Chicago. ;)

Rob Tucker said...

I'm jealous - I LOVE Chicago. Have a great time (not that you're reading this before you get back).