Friday, June 1, 2007

Bread = Blech

I got my new driver's license in the mail this week, and I actually liked the picture. I liked my last picture too. It was taken right around the time that I'd lost weight before. It's nice to not have to carry around a fat pic of me all the time. My gym membership card has a fat pic. I would like to get a new one. Maybe it's better to have to carry around that reminder though.


I got my first "don't get too thin" comment yesterday. I see this as a good sign. I know that I'm nowhere near the point of getting too thin, but someone thinks that I'm approaching it at least. I honestly don't think my body type will allow me to get that way. I'll have to test that out. jk.

Yesterday, my daughter and I went to Panera for lunch. I really was feeling kind of weak, so I thought I needed something of substance. I decided to get half of the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad and a bowl of baked potato soup. The problem is that they give you a side with this. Three choices: Chips (no way), apple (boring), or french baguette (mmmm...). I couldn't not get anything, so I opted for the french baguette. Stupid stupid. I really started out well... just broke off a small piece. I offered the rest to my daughter, but she didn't want it, so yeah...I finished the whole thing. This would have been fine if I would have been good for the rest of the day. I was fine until dinner. The stupid thing was that I was the one to go shopping. I decided to get stuff for everyone else to enjoy, and I ended up indulging too. I'm talking carb overload. Mac&Cheese, macaroni salad, potato salad, the works. I'm really annoyed with myself about this. Once again...doing so well, then sabotaging myself at the last minute. Today will have to be better.


I should go to the gym today too.
Blech. bread.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, first, congrats on your 133 yesterday!!! Woohoo!

Second, I'm so jealous of your DL pic. Mine's disgusting. I've got a double chin and I've still got my dual-colored hair (half platinum/half brunette. Sexy.) Anyway, that's awesome that you're pic looks good. How many people can say they have a GOOD DL pic?

Third, let the bread thing go. So you had a slight bad streak. Nothing you can't correct today and tomorrow and the next day... You're doing great. I mean, 133, man! Keep up the good work. :)

Rob Tucker said...

Could be worse - the bread could have had grease, bacon and pepperoni on it. Don't beat yourself over the baguette.

Kristen said...

Rob, that's so so so true. Great point!

Rebecca said...

Nothing like a good 'don't get too thin' comment to boost your self-esteem. I'm with your other blog buddies, let the bread thing go. It's gotten a bad rap anyway. Your family is lucky they have a mom like you - if I had kids they would be on a diet too! just kidding. kinda. :)

Marcol said...

Hey Kristen you must be ecstaic about the comment, way to go! Move pass the bread situation and keep a mental note of how you felt about it today to be re-called at a later date when youre faced with it again. Believe me it will help you make a quality decision about to have it or not to have it! Mental ques do work.

Anonymous said...

panera also has a fruit cup side option...found that out when I was doing south beach last year. It might cost 50 cents more, but it's worth it!