Friday, June 15, 2007

Milestone hit

As I'm sitting here in some of my new clothes, I can tell that I've gained weight. It's fine really, but I hate that I feel it in my legs, stomach, and butt. That being said...I feel a ton better today than I did three days ago. TOM still hasn't arrived, so maybe there's hope that some of it is just related to that whole business.

On to the good news. Yesterday I posted that I ran/jogged a complete mile on the treadmill, starting at 4.5 mph and working my way to 6.0. Today I wanted to start at 5.0 and go a complete mile. I did that. No sweat...almost literally. My HR was right around 167 - 173. When I use the elliptical, I stay around 180 - 185. I decided to slow down and rest for a couple of minutes and then really push myself for the next mile. I started at 5.5 and stayed there until I had only 1/10 left. Then I kicked it up to 6.0. This mile was much more difficult than the first, but I still did it...and I only felt sick at the end. Next time I will start my first mile at 6.0 and see how it goes. I'm just curious if I've just been holding myself back a little. Even if I have to reduce my speed, I'll still be telling my body that I want more and it will give it to me in a few workouts.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while I enjoy losing weight and getting smaller, I also have the desire to be fit. I'm done stressing over the weight and sizes for a little while. Right now my focus is to complete a 10 minute mile. That would be such a huge accomplishment for me, but I know I can do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always envied the people I see running and wished I could do that. You've inspired me to attempt it. I'll take my time because my real fear is being injured and not being able to exercise at all.

Congrats!

Rob Tucker said...

It's good to see the new focus for you. I think that's a good idea - one I may steal sometime soon if this whole weight thing keeps up.