Monday, June 25, 2007

Woot!

Ok, bad news and EXCELLENT news!

I went to the gym today and finally got assessed again. This was my first assessment since last November, but the numbers I'm going to post are from last August.

Bad news first: My weigh-in was 149. This is much higher than what I see on my scale - even if I calculate in the 5 lb differential that I've been doing since day 1. I don't even really care - because of the EXCELLENT news:

Ok, this might get a little clinical, but please read and celebrate with me.

***modified***

can't seem to get a table in here, so go here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcjgjtgd_3fgjbtd


OK, so the table might be a little ghetto, but you get the point. One thing I haven't said yet is that my BMI is supposedly at 21.9% now. Last August it was 31.7%. According to Lifetime Fitness, I only have 2 pounds to lose to get to where they'd like to see me. I know that I can still lose more to be within range, but it's still comforting to know that they don't consider me a fat-ass anymore. For the record, I'm really not sure about the 8 mm number above. I'm sure I'll have to go in and revise these numbers once I confirm that it should have been 18 mm. We'll see.

Other than that, my eating was much better today. At the gym, I did intervals again. 7.0, 7.5, and 8.0 sets with resting in between...pretty much the same deal as yesterday. I'm really sore today...some of it is a good sore, some is a little bit of a worrisome sore. I stopped when I felt that. I am going to take tomorrow off from the gym to be safe, but I'll be doing upper body strength training here at home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Kristen...that's so impressive!! You rock, girl!

Awesome job on the cardio again. Sheesh, you're a monster (in a good way, of course)! :)

billy said...

That's awesome!

Do you mean BMI (Body mass index) or Body fat Percentage?

What an improvement!

I see you've also lost a good bit of lean mass there... Pump it up! Must have been a lot of that "non-exercise weight loss"!!

Rob Tucker said...

That's just awesome.. seeing those percentages on the right column REALLY makes it speak.

Be proud - we're all proud.

Rebecca said...

You better do it Kristen. You should be SO proud of yourself. Shoot, I'm proud of you! Those are really impressive numbers. The hips have really gone down a lot huh? And you took 12 years off your life? And you're in excellent cardio shape? Good for you. :)

Kristen said...

Thank you, thank you. I just want to stress that I'm going to have my hip numbers checked again. That number just seems a little too impressive...especially when I can certainly pinch an inch there. I really think that it's going to come out to 18 instead of 8. But still...