I think I have a full-blown sinus infection. I was feeling better yesterday, but not today. It was horrible this afternoon especially. I was contemplating not going to the gym again, but I haven't been since last Thursday, and the kids looked soooo disappointed when I asked if they wouldn't mind too terribly if we stayed home. They really are a great motivator for this. I ended up taking a DayQuil and going.
I was running about 10 minutes late to Boot Camp, but I got there just in time for the real workout (after the warm-up stuff). For some reason, she switched lower body day with upper body day, so we were doing lower body again...my fave, of course. I must say that I marvel daily at the definition of my thighs. They just naturally look somewhat toned now - even when I'm just standing there in my workout pants. This is pretty much exactly the look that I was going for when I started back at the gym. How cool is that? Trust me...I still have a long way to go until I achieve my ideal body, but this is a great place to start...to have 1 area on my body that I like is a good thing.
At the end of the workout, the trainer had us do a couple of high intensity intervals. It was a lot of fun in a group...the competition was good. I must say that me and the other girl kept up with the boys just fine. Lori did 7.8 on her first minute, so I did 8.0. I only did 7.5 on my second one though. The guy next to me only did 7.5 on both of his. HA! Not that I'm looking down on 7.5 really, but it feels really really cool that I am totally at the same level as the guys in the group - in the other activities too. One of the guys did go 9.6 for his intervals, but he's like 6'5" tall or something.
Anyways, that's about all for tonight. Early bedtime for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If you have a sinus infection, you really need to relax and get some antibiotics, cuz it won't go away on its own, and dayquil won't cut it. I used to get regular sinus infections, like clockwork, and they SUCK!! Do you have a fever? Is your snot yellow/green? Does it feel like someone put a 25-lb weight plate on your head and sat on it? Just a few signs, in my experience. Go to the doctor!
Yeah, I was waiting for the yellow/green stuff, and it started yesterday. The rest of it is sounding familiar too.
I will probably wait to see how long I can go without going to the doctor though. This is just how I operate. I just don't seem to have time for doctors.
Post a Comment