Monday, July 23, 2007

Quickie Post

It was a good day overall. I got up and ate a breakfast bar along with a cup of coffee (I drink coffee daily in place of snacking usually). I ate half a chicken burrito and rice leftovers for lunch today. The kids had a frozen pizza for dinner tonight, so I heated up a lean cuisine pizza. It was fine and probably a little better than the frozen one. I did eat an ice cream bar at one point today, but I'm sure boot camp helped to burn a little of that off.

Boot camp was a little light tonight in my opinion. I'm not saying it wasn't a good workout, but it wasn't as difficult as the past several Mondays (total body workout). Our instructor is really very good...watches us closely to ensure proper form. She commented on our form tonight saying that we've each improved dramatically since the beginning of the class. I know that I was finding the pushups to be a lot more manageable tonight. We finished on the treadmill tonight. I was jogging at 5.0 mph and carrying on a conversation. I remember when I was so proud of 4.5 mph (not that long ago), and my heart rate was in the 180's. I'm continually amazed at how quickly the body adapts to what you request of it. I'm guessing that 4.5 mph now would only put my HR to about 140 - 150 bpm probably.

That's about it. I'm planning another good eating day tomorrow but no gym. I will probably do some exercises here at home though. I really need to start taking advantage of the bowflex sitting in my basement...maybe after boot camp is done.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I'm continually amazed at how quickly the body adapts to what you request of it.

That's so true, and it really puts it out there, at least for me, that I should be doing MORE. I really need to get back w/ the trainer, I feel like I'm not pushing hard enough sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you're carrying on convos on the tread at 5.0!! You know what that means, right? Bump up the speed, sistah!! :)

Kristen said...

Sorry - I should have explained it was just the cooldown.