Yesterday, I went to Express to get some shorts or crop pants. I didn't see what I was looking for right away, so I just grabbed a couple pairs of jeans to try on... sizes 8 & 10. I started with the 8, and to my surprise, they looked hot. Seriously now. Don't you just love these moments. I'll be honest. I thought the pair that Kirsten gave me must be large 8's, but now I'm not so sure.
The girl that was helping me asked if I was looking for anything else, and I told her. She asked what size, and I said...I don't know...8 or 10??? And she looked at me and said...Well, you look like an 8 to me. Um. Hello!!!!! Great moment there. She got me some 8's, and if I must say so myself, they looked pretty fabulous. Unfortunately, they weren't on sale, but I really didn't care. I bought a couple and wore one pair yesterday. I felt so good all day long. My love handles were not even hanging over the top at all. My good eating this week has really paid off in the belly area. Eating junk makes the stomach bloated, and I am happy to say that my stomach was under control yesterday.
Demf was so much fun yesterday. Had fun with all my friends and made a lot more new friends. Danced for I would say a minimum of 12 hours. My calves were a little bit sore by around midnight, but we ended up leaving the afterparty at 4 am. I think that the elliptical prepared me a lot for this weekend.
I woke up this morning...er afternoon, and immediately noticed less of a tummy. Yay! Still weighed in at 137, but it was solidly on there. This is good. Life is good. Off to demf day 2 now...
Oh, one more thing. I'm not going to go crazy buying 8's this time. I'm going to hold out for the lovely number 6 I think. I have never worn 6 as an adult (except for about 5 minutes when I was 18 - if you consider that an adult). I don't see what's stopping me now.
Back to the party now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Size 8????? Dude, that's awesome!!! Congrats!
Also, so glad you're enjoying (enjoyed) DEMF!! Sounds like you had fun. :)
8 is a good number...6 is better. I'm in the 8's but still want to lose 20 more lbs to see what a 6 would feel like;)
Keep having fun!
Go girl in your size 8s! You deserve that great moment in the dressing room, and feeling good all night long. You have a lot of stamina, dancing for 12 hours. You better do it!
Great job! :o)
Size 8, thats sweet. But whats even sweeter is the fact that youre happy!
You know, I went back and read a blog of yours from about a week or so ago - you sounded so depressed about your weight. I'm so glad I was a dick and got on you about it.
You're doing awesome. I love hearing the clothing stories - I think I was about the size of a women's size 8 somewhere around my 4th birthday. Great for you :)
so fraking jelous! i wish i could shop at express. your so awsome kristen. one of my big excuses is that i dont have time. you do it with 4 kids in tow, amazing!
Post a Comment