
DEMF day 2 was pretty fun. I was pretty tired, but we got out there @ about 4 pm I think. We danced, but not nearly as much as the first day. We spent more time outside hanging out, and I got to know a few people a little better. My husband and I took off for a little bit to go grab something to eat from Greektown. We went to Niki's and I got a Chicken Greek Salad. I did finish most of it, because I wanted to stay energized. We went back to demf for the final set and then hit an afterparty. My back was really sore by this point, so I only danced for a few minutes (I wasn't the only one with a sore back). It was kind of nice to get home by 3 am anyways.
Monday morning, we woke up to bad news. I'm not going to go into details here, but we never made it out to demf. We planned on eventually getting out there, but it was just not possible. I was pretty much a big baby about it inside my head, and I felt bad for it, but I was disappointed to not be able to end the weekend out like I'd envisioned for an entire year. I know that I was wrong and self-centered, but it's how I was. My husband wanted to go do something else, like go grab a bite to eat. I did not feel good about that, because I wasn't hungry. I seriously felt that it was replacing fun with food or emotional eating...take your pick. I didn't want either, and I wasn't very good company.
Of course, I woke up this morning and felt incredibly guilty. I am on the right track now.
I got the kids from my parent's house, and then we spent the day together as a family. This is always nice. We went to Friday's for lunch, and I just got the low-fat potstickers appetizer. It was good, and I felt good for not giving in to the delicious menu at my favorite chain restaurant. We had some other things to do, and on our way home, my husband stopped to get some ice cream for the kids. I didn't get any. The store was right next to a pizza place, and my husband decided to get some pizza. I really was not hungry, so I wasn't going to eat any pizza. I usually give in eventually though. Not this time. I went to go weigh myself, and I was disappointed in the number...hovering around 138. I really expected to lose a couple of pounds this weekend, but I didn't. My clothing size numbers are good though, so I am not too depressed about the scale number. Oh, anyways...after seeing the not-beautiful number on the scale, I for sure did not eat any pizza. I really would like a recount - in the morning. I'm thinking that weighing myself when I'm feeling tempted to cheat will help me not to. If the number is good, I'll want it to continue. If it's bad, it should scare me into not cheating. I don't know...
A small item to note here. I showered this morning and then wrapped myself in a bath towel. I walked to my room and realized that the towel was all the way around me. For a very long time, I would have had to have been very careful as to who was around if I wanted to walk anywhere in the towel - so as not to scar anyone for life. Now, a normal-sized bath towel covers me completely. Such a simple thing, but so very convenient and normal feeling.
Tomorrow will be another day like today probably. I'll be around, but things are a little crazy right now. Hope to get to the gym tomorrow. I haven't been since last Thursday, but I know that I've gotten in a lot of exercise, so I'm not worried about that.
Finally, I saw my sister in law today - for the first time in about 3 months. She immediately said she loved my hair. Then she said...You look good. Then she said....You look really good. These comments never get old. I will keep writing about them as I receive them, because it's my blog and I can write whatever I want :)
Monday morning, we woke up to bad news. I'm not going to go into details here, but we never made it out to demf. We planned on eventually getting out there, but it was just not possible. I was pretty much a big baby about it inside my head, and I felt bad for it, but I was disappointed to not be able to end the weekend out like I'd envisioned for an entire year. I know that I was wrong and self-centered, but it's how I was. My husband wanted to go do something else, like go grab a bite to eat. I did not feel good about that, because I wasn't hungry. I seriously felt that it was replacing fun with food or emotional eating...take your pick. I didn't want either, and I wasn't very good company.
Of course, I woke up this morning and felt incredibly guilty. I am on the right track now.
I got the kids from my parent's house, and then we spent the day together as a family. This is always nice. We went to Friday's for lunch, and I just got the low-fat potstickers appetizer. It was good, and I felt good for not giving in to the delicious menu at my favorite chain restaurant. We had some other things to do, and on our way home, my husband stopped to get some ice cream for the kids. I didn't get any. The store was right next to a pizza place, and my husband decided to get some pizza. I really was not hungry, so I wasn't going to eat any pizza. I usually give in eventually though. Not this time. I went to go weigh myself, and I was disappointed in the number...hovering around 138. I really expected to lose a couple of pounds this weekend, but I didn't. My clothing size numbers are good though, so I am not too depressed about the scale number. Oh, anyways...after seeing the not-beautiful number on the scale, I for sure did not eat any pizza. I really would like a recount - in the morning. I'm thinking that weighing myself when I'm feeling tempted to cheat will help me not to. If the number is good, I'll want it to continue. If it's bad, it should scare me into not cheating. I don't know...
A small item to note here. I showered this morning and then wrapped myself in a bath towel. I walked to my room and realized that the towel was all the way around me. For a very long time, I would have had to have been very careful as to who was around if I wanted to walk anywhere in the towel - so as not to scar anyone for life. Now, a normal-sized bath towel covers me completely. Such a simple thing, but so very convenient and normal feeling.
Tomorrow will be another day like today probably. I'll be around, but things are a little crazy right now. Hope to get to the gym tomorrow. I haven't been since last Thursday, but I know that I've gotten in a lot of exercise, so I'm not worried about that.
Finally, I saw my sister in law today - for the first time in about 3 months. She immediately said she loved my hair. Then she said...You look good. Then she said....You look really good. These comments never get old. I will keep writing about them as I receive them, because it's my blog and I can write whatever I want :)
Oh, one more finally...here's a pic of me, Jenn, and Troy:

Next year's major goal: Tone up arms.
Here's a pic just for Kirsten:


3 comments:
you think your funny
I wouldn't worry about a 'gym' workout when you dance until 4am, I'd say you've got that covered.
Not sure what the bad stuff was, but I'm hoping it's all worked out.
Kristen let me begin by saying I hope whatever went wrong over the weekend is making its way to being alright. Youll be in my thoughts. As for DEMF it sounds like you had a great time and thats wonderful. I agree with Rob - when you dance all nice how much more of a workout are you looking for? Don't mind the scale it will probably need a few days to catch up with your activiity level. Nice picture in the park. Take care!
Post a Comment