Rebecca made a comment about how the things that we do that make us feel good feed off of each other, and this reminded me of a blog that I posted over a year ago (May 6, 2006) when I'd not lost that much weight yet. Here is an excerpt:
"Last night, I did have the urge to really throw in the towel. This week, I've struggled a bit more. I've been in some unhealthy food situations. Yesterday, we went to Pacific Rim for lunch. (Upscale Asian cuisine type of thing). I got Pad Thai with Shrimp. It was so good. I don't know how bad it is, but I'm sure it's not the best. For some reason, I started craving pizza last night. I didn't get it, but I was also craving anything I could think of. Anyways, I got some new makeup in the mail the day before - Bare Escentuals, have you tried them...sooooo awesome (that might be another blog) - anyways, i went upstairs to try out my new makeup. Then I felt like I should do my hair. I was feeling very good about the way I looked, and I think that helped me to refocus on my goal of looking awesome. Instead of giving into all the cravings, I started exercising a little bit, and then had a light snack. So that's my new strategy - every time I want to eat bad, I'm going to do something else that makes me feel and look good. I think this will help me stay focused. For some reason, it's easier to not care about being fat when the rest of you is a mess. Maybe next time I'll change out of the sweats and put on some sexy jeans and redo my hair and makeup. Then I'll think of the SMALLER sexier jeans that I could be wearing if I stayed on track to lose the weight."
So I've always wanted to post an excerpt from my own writings...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
For some reason, it's easier to not care about being fat when the rest of you is a mess.
This is the truth. This is soooooooo me from 1997-2001.
Post a Comment