Several things to talk about. Yesterday, I got a call from the gym. Evidently, Emma (my 8 yr old) had submitted an essay for Mother's Day about why her mother deserved a day at the LifeSpa. It's a little embarassing actually, as it talked about how stressed I was because my kids were so bad all the time. Well, that was it in a nutshell anyways from what Emma told me she wrote.
Anyways, the gym told me I could pick up my giftbag in the LifeSpa. Ok, some of you know that I'm a hair freak and a product junkie, so there was no question that I was going to the gym to pick up my loot. I am going to admit that this phone call was more than enough to get my butt back.
If that wasn't enough, I decided to buy my own iPod today. I've been snagging my husband's up until now, and I'm sick of sharing. I came home and synched it all up, and then I headed out to the gym.
The last time I went was last Sunday (the one before last), so it was really not going well for me. In the past week, however, I've done other things like walked around Chicago, went dancing, and deep cleaned my house. I have also been eating like crap though. I did eat poorly today too, but I think tomorrow will be better now that I've put effort into working out.
My workout went quite well. It was a little shaky at first, but the third track was Fatboy Slim with Praise You. This was a recorded live set, so it was really exciting for me (with demf coming up). I was getting excited with the crowd, and then it went into another mix. I looked at my iPod and realized it was an hour set. I decided just to go for it and enjoy the show. I love the elliptical, because it kinda feels like dancing to me. I can adjust the resistance or incline to allow for different bpm's, so that I can keep with the music. It was such a great set too. Fatboy Slim mixed up some Deee-Lite (groove is in the heart), Gnarls Barkley (crazy), and many more. For the first half, I set the resistance at 7 and just worked it. Then for the second half, I took the resistance down to 3 and just flew. I really enoyed the second half, and I was hitting about 170 rpm's. Moments like this make me think about trying to run again.
That's pretty much it. I had a great 1 hour workout today. I have decided that I'm going to do everything within my power to go to the gym every single day this week, as it is the final week before demf weekend. I still haven't bought my clothes yet, since I was waiting to see if I could squeeze into an 8 by then. It's obviously not going to happen now, but at least I'll be able to wear 10's comfortably.
Ok, I'm so so so tired right now. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment