Wednesday, May 16, 2007

K Gurl in hiding....

There were many ways that I wanted to start this blog...most of them not very nice. Here are some examples (since you forced me out of hiding):

I Hate You All
Damn You, Rob
Bastards
Leave Me Be

ok ok...I think you get the point...

I don't know why, but I'm in such a slump. I really really couldn't tell you why. At this point I'm just trying to stay afloat here. I am happy. Really I am. I just took that break and I'm not ready to get back to it yet. This is going on a 2 week slump now. Ick. I do have new job stress going on right now, but I love what I'm doing.

Here we go... I am definitely in this for the long haul, so don't count me out yet. I just am wallowing in my fatness right now. I can't believe that I've lost focus so close to the finish line though. How is that even f'ing possible? I can see demf. I can hear it. I can feel it.

I know the answer is to just jump back into the game, but for some reason, I just cannot. Not right now.

On a slightly more positive note. Wait. First a negative note. I went to the Thai restaurant for lunch today and got the sesame chicken...white rice though and no spring roll. I haven't had pop (soda) in ages. That's a good thing.

Oh, yeah...the positive note...I was going to go to Wendy's tonight for a chicken combo (breaded of course). I read Rob's blog on my way home from work (bad me...blogging while driving). I was pissed (not really...mad at myself, but amused with the post). I was going to come home and tell Rob to screw himself. Of course, in my mind it sounded funny, so don't take this the wrong way please :)
Anyways, as I'm driving, I'm thinking about the sesame chicken I had for lunch and the chicken combo I was about to have for dinner and slowly decided that the chicken combo was really the last thing that I wanted or needed. I mean, I kind of wanted it, but I would have hated myself after.

I decided to take a break from the normal salad though and opted for a plain baked potato and a small chili. I did end up putting some cheese and sour cream on it, but it was still better than the chicken combo I think.

So, for now...I'm playing the worst/better game. Hopefully I'll be able to get moving soon, but for now I will make better choices than the initial choice. That will have to be good enough.

I do need to go back to the gym and I will. Not today though. Tomorrow? maybe.

How about this. I will keep writing no matter what. Might not be good posts for a short while, but I'll still be here. I've come a long way, and I will make it to the finish line eventually. Soon I will get sick of my distended stomach and jumped back in full force. This is what I do. Seriously...for 13 months now. Trust me. I'll be back.

Did I say that enough times in different ways?

One last thought. I'm pretty sure that demf will motivate me while I'm there. All the young hotties walking around will be making me incredibly jealous, and I'll have a goals for the rest of summer. Overall, this past year has been quite a success, so I can't be too mad.

Ok, let me have it...

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

great idea- keep blogging. A few excuses here and there but we all make them from time to time... :)

Kevin A. said...

Hey, girl. Don't let this derail you. If you ever need to vent your ass off, you know Beck and I are here to listen.

Hang in there.

Rob Tucker said...

LOL, glad I could get you out of hiding. Feel free to tell me off - I'm waaaaay too far away from you on the map, I'll hear you if you're coming with the chainsaw and I'll have time to hide.

Don't take it as me talking down or trying to be mean, I just know that you've come so far, and I know those slumps all too well. Those are the slumps that can get you back to your original weight in a hurry, and you've come WAY too far.

I like the blogging idea, even if you're not working hard.

Just remember, when we were gaining our weight, we weren't thinking about it. We weren't conscious of it. If you're blogging, you're thinking about it - and you won't gain it back.

Hope my blog helped more than it made you want to stab me =)

Kevin A. said...

FWIW, Rob, she lives right down 75 from you. She's in Canton. Maybe you should reconsider your lack of fear!

Kristen said...

Yes. I'm live in the greater Detroit area, and I'm crazy to boot.