So I went to the gym again tonight. I was actually already planning on it when I got home and realized I didn't have any kids tonight. Evidently, they are spending the night at grandma's house. This made my decision even easier. I was a little deterred when I got to the gym and realized that I'd forgotten my id. I probably could have asked if they'd still let me in, but it's only a mile or so from my house, so I just went home to get it.
55 minutes on the elliptical. I'm just worried that I'm not pushing myself hard enough on there. Does anyone have any elliptical experience? My heart rate was 174ish the whole time. My AT is supposedly 175. I haven't had this rechecked, but I'd still think that 174 would be a good HR to be at?
My eating was not as pristine as I'd have liked today: South Beach breakfast bar, lean cuisine (thai chicken w/whole wheat noodles), got bored at work so I ate about 5 Hershey's kisses, then I came home and ate some cereal. I think I'm about to go eat some broccoli now.
I guess it wasn't so bad, but I was hoping for less carbs today. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, but I'm scared that I won't see results and I'll get discouraged. I have a feeling that working out is going to make my weight loss stall or reverse for a bit. I am wondering if I should just concentrate on the way my clothes feel instead of looking at the numbers. It's healthier to workout anyways, right?
I'm proud to say that this was my 5th workout since last Wednesday. whoa. Could that actually be right? brb. Yes, it was the 5th one. demf, here i come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
If 175's where you're supposed to be, that's where you're supposed to be. If you're starting to find the Elliptical "easy", then mix it up a little bit. Try a different setting (if you're on 'fat burning', go to 'hill' or 'random'), or even a different piece of equipment.
If you're not 'struggling', you're not maximizing your time. For me, I found that the Elliptical was getting easy, and I was on level 7 of the machine. I bumped it up to 12, and it's a different workout. Just mix it up, and see what happens. 55 minutes is NOTHING to shake a stick at. NICE!
Wow, I usually do the elliptical for about 45 minutes at level 8 doing about 160 RPM? My heart rate is usually at about 150 bpm. That is a great workout.
Are you sure you are supposed to be at 175?
Well, I was definitely supposed to be there when I was much heavier, but I think I'm going to get it rechecked now that so much has changed.
Great workout, I think Rob's right that you should always mix it up and kind of trick your body. If you do the same thing over and over, your body get's used to it.
Well, I've only worked out on the elliptical twice now, so I don't think my body would have caught on so quickly. However, I'm going again tonight and will try to do something different. Thanks!!!
You've only been on the Elliptical 2 times and you're cranking out 55 minutes?
Should I bow down now, or later?
Post a Comment