Thursday, April 26, 2007

Back on Track

Ok, so I had a bad day. If I've learned anything over the past year, it's that these days will happen. This is a part of life and that's fine. The great part is that you get to go to bed and wake up to a whole new day.

I did learn something about my binge yesterday. It was that I did not enjoy it one bit. I will admit that in the past I've enjoyed this behavior to some extent. I'm still not quite sure why it happened, although I think it had to do with my intense workout the day before. Either my body was craving more calories or my mind was trying to justify a cheat day.

Today was much better. I did wake up and eat the last of the Fiber One bars, but then I had my usual lean cuisine for lunch. When I got home, I was dying for a salad...another great turn of events. I have never in my life craved salads, but I think I need them now. I know I've mentioned this several times now, and I barely believe it myself. I felt whole after my salad. I have also drank almost a gallon of water today...gotta help all that fiber along :)

I went to my training session at the gym tonight. I was very worried, because I have been incredibly sore yesterday and today. April, the trainer, told me that I'd feel better within 5 minutes, and she was absolutely right. She also told me that I'd feel even worse tomorrow, but I think it's a good worse. I noticed some huge changes in muscle definition on my thighs today. I think it looks a bit bulky, but that should change as some of the fat melts away. I think I did better today than I did on Tuesday. The abs exercises were easier tonight, despite the soreness. I can only imagine how good next Tuesday's workout will be. I plan on using the elliptical twice over the weekend too.

Another cool thing...I was talking to one of the girls in my training group tonight. I told her about the FAT Coalition and sent her a link to my blog. I really wish I'd had you guys last year when I was just starting out. Anyways, I hope that she finds it encouraging and joins us maybe. If nothing else, maybe we can workout together on our off days.

That's it for tonight. Love ya guys...

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I'm with you on the salads. I used to laugh at anything green, but sometimes it's my favorite meal around now.

As for the 'enjoying the binge', I know what you mean. I used to LOVE having those double cheeseburgers, I'd eat them like tic-tacs. When I had one a few days ago, it was a complete letdown - which is great.

The mental spirit is just as important as the physical being when we're talking about this healthy lifestyle change. Nice work!

Kristen said...

tic tacs...ha...i love it.