Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Blech. I feel like purging.

I woke up this morning and knew right away that I was going to need more calories. I did not however know what I was about to do to myself this stupid day. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast. fine. then a breakfast bar when i was leaving for work. ok. no big deal. Then I went to lunch with a group from work and decided to just go with something unhealthy. It's weird. My body wanted salad, but I forced it to go with the chicken tenders and fries? Why would I do that to myself? The chicken tenders were bland and the fries were burnt (not in a good way - more like the fryers hadn't been changed in about a month). Even though everything tasted awful, I still forced myself to finish everything - even though I rarely finish everything anymore.

After work, I ate two Fiber One bars (they really are awesome if you've never tried them 140 calories 4 g fat). I also ate some Doritos.

Now I'm mad at myself. What happened to the lean cuisine for lunch and the salad for dinner.

I'm done binging now. I might still have the salad - skipping the extra calories that I like to put on there usually. I also bought a 64 oz water bottle/jug, and I plan on finishing that tonight. No, I will not weigh myself tomorrow morning. It will have to wait until probably Saturday now. Grrrrr...

Oh, I'm watching the PBS Fat documentary now. I agree with whoever here said that at least the first half is annoying. Seems like some of these people don't want to take responsibility for how they got fat. I'll save my final judgements for after I watch the whole thing.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

It's in the water, I'm telling you. I haven't felt right this past week either.

As easy as it is to say from back here, just chalk yesterday up to one of those crappy days, and don't let it stockpile into multiples.

Kristen said...

Thanks, Rob. I'll do that.

By the way, evidently I was lying when I said I was done for the night. I ended up finishing off that box of Fiber One bars (last one this morning). Not the smartest move on earth...

At least I got my water in.

billy said...

Best thing to do I think is figure out WHY it happened. The way you talk about it, it's like you were outside your body, watching yourself.

Do some thinking and figure out what was going on, so you can avoid it in the future.

Lacy said...

It sounds like almost everyone has had some sort of slip up this week, including me. Just try to remember that it's all about progress, not perfection! I doubt you would have been "binging" on Fiber One bars a year ago! (I agree, they are awesome!) Even if you didn't eat "perfectly", you've definitely made progress, not only physically, but mentally, as well!