Wednesday, April 25, 2007

New long term goal

I woke up this morning and realized that my long term goal is one month away, so I guess that it's now become my short term goal. 140 by demf (memorial day weekend). This is completely doable, but it cannot be my final resting place. I was thinking that my new long term goal should be my birthday. October 9th. With the finish line in sight, I think that I can make it by then. 5 months to lose 20 pounds. I think that should put me into a size 6. This could very well be my final goal. Of course, who knows if that will be enough by then. I'm only 5'1" (rounding up a bit), so that will not be too skinny. In fact, 95 is still within my normal weight range, but I don't think I would look very good at this weight. Ewww...

So, my birthday it is. I'll have to see where I'm at when demf hits to develop realistic short term goals in between now and my bday. Plus, I'll know more about how my body reacts to all the working out. It may stall as I gain muscle or it may accelerate once my metabolism skyrockets due to all the new muscle mass. Hard to say right now.

October 9th
Goal Weight: 120 lbs

3 comments:

Kevin A. said...

Geez. I forgot how short you were!

Anyway, the 9th of October sounds like a good goal to hit. That's a pound a week weight loss, which is right in that healthy zone.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, "short". This is coming from the 6'8" guy. ;)

I haven't been around lately, so I'll comment on all the blogs I just caught up on. First, woohoo on the mirrors. I used to HATE those. (Thank God my work doesn't do the mirror thing!) Isn't that a great feeling to be able to look in the mirror (whereever it is) and actually be happy with the reflection? I've still got a long way to go before I'm COMPLETELY happy...but then again, I'm a woman, so I'll probably NEVER be completely happy with what I see. :) ANYWAY, second, yeah, 98's pretty low. You already look great at 140. Losing another 40 just might make you look like the Olsen twins. No need for that nonsense. ;) Keep up the great work!!!

Rob Tucker said...

Nice work - once you hit that goal, I'd recommend you consciously stick to the plan and move into maintenance mode. calorie-count.com is BIG on maintenance mode, and not just 'going off the diet' and living.

It'd be a shame if you lost all that just to gain some back. Keep on going! :)