Thursday, April 19, 2007

Goodbye, Favorite Suit

I am afraid I must say goodbye to my favorite suit today. I bought it in January, and last week I noticed how loose it had become, so i threw it in the wash thinking that it was just stretched out. I got it out today and put it on and couldn't believe how low the pants were hanging. I am literally walking on about an inch of the hem, even though I'm wearing 3 inch heels. So, I know for a fact that I must have lost probably an inch or so in my hips over the past 9 days.

The other option is to have this suit tailored. Like that will EVER happen. So, I guess it's going to have to join the other batch of suits that I can no longer wear. Don't get me wrong. This feels great, but I really do love this suit and will surely miss it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

May your suit rest in peace.

Great job on the weight-loss, though!

Gary said...

I can't wait to throw all my clothes away. All my favorite clothes are in the closet waiting for me :(

Kirsten said...

dont be silly! tailor the pants, pair them with a crisp white blouse, high heals, a nice belt and a big necklace and you will be wowing your clients all day!

Suz said...

I'm with Kristen, if you love that suit, find a professional to alter it! You could definitely get some more wear out of it and bring your favorite suit along for the ride to Skinny Land!

Anonymous said...

Find the nearest consignment shop and trade your favorite suit for someone else's favorite suit. This is a great way to shop for transitional clothing.

Rob Tucker said...

I'm with Gary - my best ones are the target clothes so far. Great work on the suit, and I agree with the ladies here. Get it tailored.