Sunday, April 22, 2007

Snacking

I was just thinking about the psychology of snacking when I realized what has worked best for me. To my surprise, I have really kept snacking to a minimum over the past year, and I really don't feel that I've struggled with it. What I've done is gotten away from the mindset of getting more for my money. Go ahead and buy the individual snack size. Get an ice cream cone instead of the half gallon. Sure it's about the same price monetarily, but the price you pay on the waistline just isn't worth it. If there is more there, I will inevitably eat it...even though I'm satisfied with one portion usually. Even one step further here...I think I've even eaten a small bag of chips and then another one. This is still way better than having the economy sized bag of chips there and available. My chocolate cravings can now usually be satisfied with a few Hershey's kisses.

More than anything, I believe that portion control and moderation is the most reasonable way to a healthy weight. Sure, other radical plans can help lose the weight, but only a small percentage of people can sustain that lifestyle indefinitely.

On another note... Today is such a beautiful day. Supposed to be 80 here in MI.

I vow to get outside more this summer.

OH, and the Pistons WON last night...although they scared me a bit in the last few minutes.

No comments: