Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ouch!

So today was my first personal training session. I rather enjoyed it, but I am already sore. I don't know if I'm going to even be able to to walk tomorrow. Every exercise was simple yet complete. I haven't felt this worked out in a long time.

I go back on Thursday for more punishment, and then I will add two days of cardio - probably Saturday and then Sunday or Monday. I really don't think I'll be able to go tomorrow night. Plus, I've been to the gym for the past three days. My body will appreciate the break tomorrow.

Today I ate a SB breakfast bar and got a salad w/chicken (and ranch) at Hard Rock for lunch. For dinner, I ate a serving or so of cottage cheese & a lean cuisine.

I weighed myself last night and was at about a low 141. Today after work, I was at 140 right on the dot. I think that I'm seeing a drop this week - probably from eating a little more lately - not to mention the exercise :)

Also, I drank a ton of water yesterday, which I did not do today :(

Oh, on another note... When I was in the Team Weight Loss class last year....we had to walk back to the nutrition room once a week. I used to hate this more than anything. First, we had to walk through the weight area (where all the hot guys are). Also, all the walls are mirrors of course, and I used to think of this as the wall of shame. I absolutely hated this (and also referred to it as the green mile). I always felt like so ashamed of what I'd become and prayed that nobody would look up from their workouts.

The personal training is all done over in this same area, and I was pleasantly surprised to see my reflection in the mirrors tonight. I am not blown away by my body or anything, but I am certainly no longer afraid to be seen. I actually thought I was ok. Acceptable even...which is FINE by me...for now.

I am not expecting to lose a lot of weight through the personal training, but it'll be nice if I can at least get solidly below 140. I was running a little bit late tonight, so I didn't have time to get measurements before my workout. I'll get them Thursday. It will be very exciting to compare them to what they were last July (when I rejoined Lifetime).

One last note...one of my coworkers/friends just got back from her maternity leave today, and she hadn't seen me since she left. She was shocked at how much I had lost in the past 12 weeks...she even said I was "like, ridiculously skinny". HA! Ok, I know I'm not ridiculously skinny, but I know that I'm about 15 - 20 lbs lighter than the last time she saw me and I was wearing my second favorite suit (which I think is my skinny one). I bought it after I had Audrey and it didn't fit then, but I really thought that I'd lose the baby weight in no time. That never happened - until now. I was able to finally start wearing it a couple of months ago, and I am seeing that it is really looking great after a few weeks on the elliptical.

We also had our quarterly offsite all-hands meeting today - all of the Michigan commercial banking groups attend. I know most of the people and got a lot of remarks on how I was looking. Very cool.

Ok, I'm done. blah blah blah...i'm so hot.... :) It was just one of those days I guess...

2 comments:

billy said...

Isn't it great to feel that your body is at least acceptable? For so long, we've lived with the fact that it wasn't and we accepted that. But it's a great feeling as you start to feel more normal!

BTW I totally know what you mean about the mirrored walls. I used to dread them, but now, well, it's not so bad anymore :)

Rob Tucker said...

Very cool.

I'm noticing a TINY bit of this in the mirrors as well, but I've got such a long way to go. For a guy, it's all about seeing muscles where they didn't previously exist.

Awesome work - seeing everyone starting to get more into the gym and personal trainers, I love seeing it. Let them beat you down, you only improve yourself.