Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I knew it!

So, I did not exercise last night after all, but I did meet my goals for today so far. I woke up and weighed myself, and I was a little frustrated for not seeing a loss. I then felt better when I realized that I actually had 3 pills left instead of 2.

For breakfast, I ate my breakfast bar, and then I finished off my thai pepper steak at lunch. My clothes that I just bought in January are starting to hang on me now. I really didn't think I'd lose this much more weight so quickly. I weighed myself when I got home, because I was feeling good. 143!

I revamped my goals a bit, because I just remembered today that my brother Alex will be home from college the second week of May. I always try to have a goal set to coordinate with his homecomings, and I think that I would like to be under 140 by then - hopefully around 137. I have just over a month, so it's very possible. This would give me a couple of weeks to get to 135 by demf.

I absolutely cannot believe how far I've come.

So, I felt so good after I weighed myself that I actually did jump on the treadmill tonight. I only went 30 minutes, but I figure this is a good start. I averaged about 4.3 mph, which is way better than I've ever done in my life - even before I had kids. I still can't imagine going 6 mph or higher, but I know that I could do it if I made it a goal. I'm not quite ready to start setting serious fitness goals yet, but I will say that I'd like to use the treadmill 30 minutes for 3 days a week. Good start anyways.

After the treadmill, I ate a bowl of cereal and drank some more water. I might still eat a grapefruit and drink a cup of espresso, but that's it for today.

Goals for tomorrow: Eat light, drink lots of water, eat 3 servings of veges, eat 2 servings of fruit, treadmill or bowflex.

Hopefully, I'll see a repeat of the 143 - or lower.

7 comments:

Lacy said...

Hi Kristen!

Congrats on your amazing weight loss thus far! You definitely are a great example that it really can be done.

Welcome to the Coalition! Your success will definitely serve as inspiration and motivation for many, if not all, of us - it sure did for me!

-Lacy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your journey so far and welcome to the coalition :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen, welcome to FAT! :) Best of luck on your new goal.

Rob Tucker said...

Great job so far. Welcome to the FAT Coalition too!

Suz said...

I have been reading your past blogs and am so excited for the progress you've made! How awesome that the size 12's you just bought in January are hanging on you!!

I think going 4.3 for 30 minutes is awesome on the treadmill! I think I'd still die at that speed constantly :O)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to FAT! You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Kristen,
You've inspired me to continue on my weight loss journey. 35lbs as of this morning. Gained a couple while on my trip home but getting back on track.
Aunt Sharon