Sunday, April 8, 2007

3rd workout this week

I knew yesterday was going to be rough when I woke up and realized that I'd been dreaming of pizza. Up until then, I'd stayed on course for the entire week. I still think I did pretty well overall. I ended up eating 4 pieces altogether, but I didn't eat anything else at all for the whole day. Probably should have eaten some veges or something, but no. I did say no thanks to my husband when he went out for ice cream with the kids.

This morning I woke up and went directly to the gym. I was just going to treadmill it for 30 minutes, but I ended up staying on there for 55 minutes. Not bad at all. Could I actually be getting back on track? Hope so.

I ended up getting a very berry blast smoothie from the cafe at the gym. That was breakfast. For lunch/dinner, I had a sirloin burger (no bun), a serving of mashed potatoes, and a broccoli/cauliflower mix. I feel good. Low-fat brownies just came out of the oven, and I will have one later.

I've decided that it's more realistic for me to aim to exercise every other day for now. Writing about it is certainly helping to stay focused on this goal.

Still at 143... which is just fine with me for now. Time to coast for a few days. I am also still doing well with water intake.

One last thing...I bought a few VERY cute summer tops on Saturday. I can't wait for the snow to clear, so that I can actually wear them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, pizza! :) Hey, awesome job on staying on the tread for another 25 minutes.

By the way, your before/after pics are amazing! Great job!!

billy said...

Hi Kristen!

I just saw your blog on the FAT coalition, there have been so many new members and I've been slacking...

You are doing AWESOME! Your pics look fantastic. congrats, keep it up!

And I do the same thing, if I overeat I put myself on lockdown for the rest of the day. I actually think it works, and its usually a good idea...

Anonymous said...

How's it going, Kristen? Getting those workouts in? ;)

Rob Tucker said...

So far, so good. You don't want to burn yourself out with working out, so find out what works, and go for it. If 'every other day' is what works, that's what you've got as a goal!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.