Saturday, April 21, 2007

Not all days can be good...

I just got back from TGIFriday's where I did not eat what I should have. I was with my family and reverted back to the social eating mindset. Ugh... I had a couple pieces of fried mac & chz. Luckily, I did not love, so I don't think I have to worry about future cravings. Then I got a salad with ranch. Better - I think I enjoyed this the most, which makes me happy. Then I got steak fajitas. I had 1 1/2. Overall, it could have been a lot worse. I'm just disappointed about my emotions before doing it. Why do I feel that food is such an integral part of having a great time around people that I don't see often. Will this ever go away? Food is good and it's good to enjoy it, but why do I feel compelled to eat bad things around certain people.

I also have a sore calf muscle, so I haven't been to the gym since Wednesday, although I danced for a couple of hours last night. It's feeling much better today, so I am going to try to go to the gym tonight - and probably tomorrow.

On a more positive note, I will be going with the personal training at the gym vs the group training. I think that will focus me for 6 solid weeks. I don't expect to lose much weight - if any, but I do expect to see big changes in my tone. I can't wait!

p.s. SO excited that it's piston playoff time again...!!!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

fried mac and cheese it the most gluttonous most delicious food ever in life! how could you not like??

Kevin A. said...

Deeeeee-Trooooooit Baaaaaaskeeeeetbaaaaaaallllll!

Rob Tucker said...

I think it's OK for you to enjoy those foods - it's useless to try to convince yourself that it doesn't taste great. If it didn't, we wouldn't have been in the situation we are.

The key difference is moderation. When we gained the weight, there was none. Now, you enjoyed your meal, didn't go crazy, and you made sure not to let it turn to an overeating binge.

I'd call that a success, and absolutely NOTHING to make yourself feel bad about.

Kristen said...

fyi...I found the fried mac & chz from Friday's bland - even put a dab of salt and pepper on. nothing.