I can't believe that I actually worked out again today. Ok, I was debating not doing it, but then I read Beck's comment on Sunday's blog asking if I was still working out and felt guilty for even contemplating not going through with it.
I told the kids to get their shoes and socks on and off we headed to the gym. It really is much better there. Let's just call it my little oasis away from the chaos of a busy house. What could be easier. Drop the kids off at the child center and have 1 - 2 hours all to myself? Some would think I was crazy for not taking advantage of this daily! (I don't know if I've mentioned before that I have four kids 4 - 9 yrs old.)
I ran into my friend/coworker, Katie, at the gym, and we ended up working out together. That was way better than working out with all by myself. I ventured over to the stair climber and the the elliptical. I usually stick to the treadmill, but I am so glad I tried out these other things. I think I like them both better than the treadmill. Plus, I think these will help me tone more for summer.
Katie is in incredible shape and I would give anything to have her tone. She's been working out since January 2006. She was training for a marathon last year but got injured a couple of weeks prior to the event and couldn't participate :(
I really want a runner's body - guess I gotta run to get that? Well, I think I'll add her to my list of inspirations.
So, today...20 minutes on the stairclimber and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then stretching. I feel great. I am not going to weigh myself for a couple of days. I've been a little slack in my eating, but I don't think I've gained anything. I think I'm going to focus on inches and tone vs pounds right now. The pounds will come off with time.
Goals for tomorrow: Lots of water, low carbs, lots of fruits and veges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, it sounds like you're doing really well! Be proud of yourself for getting up there to exercise - great job!
i like to refer to it as "stair hell." I had every intention of going on that myself today but sadly it was out of order! I am excited that you went today!
Katie is in incredible shape and I would give anything to have her tone.
Effort is the only thing that it takes, and you're doing great. Just keep doing what you're doing. If you want to get a runner's body, you said it yourself. Start running.
You're doing fantastic, it's good to see your goals and inspirations transforming with you.
Post a Comment